– Re-assigned as Minister of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology 24th April 2012 to date
– Re-assigned as Minister of Fisheries, Water Resources and National Assembly Matters 16th April 2012
– Re-appointed as Minister of Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation and Gambians Abroad 6th February 2012
– Re-assigned as Minister of Foreign Affairs, International
Cooperation and Gambians Abroad from June 7th 2010 to 2nd February 2012
– Minister of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology of the Republic of The Gambia from February 2010 to June 2010.
– Coordinator, National Authorising Office Support Unit (NAOSU) for European Union funded programmes and projects in The Gambia from March 2008 to February 2010.
– President/Chairman University Governing Council, University of The Gambia (UTG) from February 2009 to date.
– Focal point designated by the President of the Republic of The Gambia to follow up on matters related to UNESCO Science Sector, May 2009
– President Alliance Franco-Gambienne April 2008
– ICT tutor, Université de Limoges, France 2002-2007
– Member of the Research Laboratory on Semiology of Cultural Interactions, Université de Limoges, 2002
– Member of the International Steering Committee of the World Festival of Black Arts (WFBA III) held in Dakar (Senegal) in 2009.
– Lecturer/Researcher, University of The Gambia (UTG) April 2002
– Programme Officer/Rapporteur of the European Commission Support Unit, The Gambia October 1st 2000 to April 2002.
– Consultant for the United Nations Fund for Population Affairs (UNFPA).
– Internship, Information and Communication Unit, Directorate General for Development (DG DEV), European Commission, Brussels, Belgium, 1999-2000.
– Editor in Chief of « LA LUNE », a magazine for French learners published in French by Project d'Appui à la Diffusion et à l'Enseignement du Français (PADEF) en Gambie, 1997-1998.
– Freelance translator/interpreter and journalist.
– French Lecturer, Head of Department, Gambia College, 1994-2000.
– Production of a French syllabus for secondary schools, PADEF.
– Member of the French National Examination Board for DELF / DALF1 since 1996.
– Moderator and Items Writer for the West African Examination Council (WAEC).
– Part-time Lecturer (French), University of The Gambia, May 2000 to 2002.
– Word Processing, Database applications, PageMaker, Quark Express, Excel, SPSS, Web Design, Internet...
– Several conferences, research seminars and study trips in London (SOAS, Commonwealth Institute), Paris (INALCO, BNF), Bordeaux (Université Victor Segalen), Aix-en- Provence (Archives d'Outre-mer), Amiens (Université de Picardie), Chambery (ISOLA Conference), Leiden University (Holland), Bayreuth University (Germany), Université de Ougadougou, IFAN-UCAD, Tamanrasset (Algeria), INEP (Guinea-Bissau), Kela, Kangaba, Barazan (Mali), RDD (The Gambia)...
- EU-ACP Bulletin, fortnightly publication, DG DEV ( Brussels ) from October 1999 to February 2000.
- Success Stories of EC Development Cooperation, (Brussels), November 1999.
- Presentation of DG DEV to the general public, 2000.
- Several short stories in the french magazine « LA LTINE D», PADEF-Coopération Française, Banjul, The Gambia, 1996-2000.
- Articles (The Point Newspaper, Banjul, The Gambia), Coupe, Coupe (CFPJ, Paris) and Press Releases (The Courier EU-ACP, Brussels).
- Literature and Conflict Resolution, International Symposium, Dakar, October 2000.
Country Report on The Gambia in the May/June edition of The Courier ACP-EU, Brussels, 2001.