SHEIKH OMAR FAYE
of State for Youth, Sports & Religious Affairs
NAME: Sheikh Omar Faye
DATE OF BIRTH: January 10, 1960
PLACE OF BIRTH: Banjul, The Gambia
MARITAL STATUS: Married
EDUCATION & ACHIEVEMENTS
1972 - 1976 Crab Island Secondary School
1976 - 1979 St. Augustine's High School, Banjul, The Gambia
1984 - 1985 Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, United Kingdom: Leadership Development
1987 Company Commander Course, Quetta, Pakistan
1991 - 1992 Junior Division Staff College, Jaji, Nigeria
1994 Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
- Department Administrator: Preparation and development of curricula and training programs. Prepared and calculated course assessments and examinations
- Supervision of classroom and field activities, education of students in Geography and Physical Education, organized school competitions.
- Recruit and trained Security Officers; disseminated tactical information regarding V.I.P. protection, seasonal operation plans, and security equipment.
- Promoted good work ethics of the security officers for effective quality control, customer service, scheduling and protection of key installation.
- Located utility conduction equipment, scarched underground plant areas, photographed, and marked locations. Organized and reviewed processing tickets prior to and following utility location collection for efficiency.
- Operated company vehicles using Defensive Safety practices.
- Lead and supervised a team of utility field technicians for quality assurance, managed daily workload via automated ticket management system, dispatched and allocated work orders by regions of operation.
- Monitored, collated, and processed time management documents for locate Technicians. Managed inventory-control, technical equipment, and damage reports through the use of a systematic procedure.
- Acted as liaison between company, contractor, and clients. Prepared daily production reports for approval of senior management, and held regular meetings with Area Supervisors.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- 5/1985 – 7/1986 Platoon Commander of Alpha Company 1st Infantry Battalion, Yundum Camp
- 7/1986 – 6/1987 Bravo Company 1st Lieutenant, Yundum Camp
- 1/1988 – 3/1990 Charlie Company Commander and posted at Sene-Gambia Confederal Battalion, Bakau and Kudang Camps
- 5/1990 – 2/1991 Commander 1st Infantry Company of ECOMOG (The West African Economic and Monitoring Group)
- 9/1992 – 6/1994 Senior Saff Officer, Marina Parade, Banjul – Gambia National Army Headquarters.
Jan. 1981– June 1983: The Gambia Muslim High School, Banjul, The Gambia - Senior Tutor
June 1983 – June 1994: Gambia National Army, Fajara, Banjul, The Gambia
Jan. 1995 – July 1996: American Protective Services: Field Supervisor
Aug. 1996 – Dec. 2000: Byers Engineering: Underground Utility Locator
Jan. 2001: S.T.S. Utility Locator Co. & Utility Locate and Mapping Service, Inc. (ULMS): Field Supervisor
Jan – June 2006: Director of Press and Public Relations, Office of the President
June 13, 2006 – Appointed Secretary of State for Youth, Sports and Religious Affairs
Multi-lingual: Wollof, Mandinka and English
Chairman of Inter Services Sports Committee, identified, guided, and created high performance athletes in the Nation for two years.
Developed extra curricula programs for physical geography and terrain training;
Represented The Gambia in the Commonwealth Games – Brisbaine, Austrailia: 1982;
World Athletics Championship, Helsinki, Finland 1983;
Team Leader & Flag Bearer Olympic Games in Los Angeles 1994;
Provided upon request